New Food Bank Hours, curbside pickup at Community Food Bank:
Wednesday 11 AM- 1 PM, Thursday 2-4 PM
If your household needs food assistance, come to the Community Action Center starting 11:00AM on Wednesday or 2:00PM on Thursday, 350 SE Fairmont Road in Pullman.
We will run this curbside assistance 11 AM to 1 PM Wednesday, and 2 PM to 4 PM on Thursday.
Pulling into the driveway, you will be greeted by someone to check you in through your driver’s side window. They will ask for name, number of people in the household, and any cultural or allergic restrictions, and then park you in a designated parking spot. Someone will bring you items from the pantry out to your car, and that is it!
We are in this together, and we are working to help protect your family, our staff & volunteers, and the entire community’s health and food security.
Pandemic Response Update from Community Action Center
March 16, 2020
As of March 15, there are no known positive cases of novel coronavirus in Whitman County. As an agency, we are dedicated to providing services to all clients through all conditions, especially when our low income populations in the county are likely to be the most affected and least able to cope with shortages, potential health impacts, and risk to stable employment.
We want to provide our services to as many as possible, while also keeping the health and safety of each staff member and each client served as a top priority.
In response to current conditions, we are implementing the following changes in operations:
- We are planning to remain open to the public normal hours, 8-12, 1-4:30, M-F
- If you are ill or symptomatic of any respiratory illness, please do not visit CAC at this time!
- All employees and visitors to CAC are now REQUIRED to wash and/or sanitize hands upon entry
- Deep cleaning of high contact surfaces following CDC protocol for COVID-19 is completed regularly at the CAC site
- In-person appointments will be converted to telephone appointments whenever possible
- Food bank items will no longer be distributed by the shopping model, and will be provided via “boxes” or pre-packed selections based on household size
- We have implemented a system of pick-up for food distribution that minimizes the need to enter the facility, but can be accomplished while never exiting a family’s vehicle
- Food Bank Hours will be Wednesdays, 11-1 and NEW HOURS for Thursdays, 2-4 PM!
- Donations of food can still be made but are being discouraged, as of 3-16-20; the preference at this time is for monetary donations rather than delivery of items. Online gifts by credit card can be made on the website donation page (www.cacwhitman.org/donate) and checks payable to Community Action Center, sent to 350 SE Fairmont Road, Pullman WA 99163
- Utility shut-offs for Avista utility customers have been suspended, and we may soon have access to additional awards to local utility customers with extreme need. Check our Facebook page and website for updates as they occur.
- Construction of Riverview Apartments continues (for low and extremely low income households). Lease-up may begin as early as June, 2020, with move-in occurring late summer, early fall 2020
- CAC is coordinating with partners and service providers in the area to help match needs with resources. For now, a handy resource to access is https://pullmanchamber.com/business-information/covid-19/
We are grateful for the thoughtfulness of our partners and supporters in the community. Thank you!
CAC is working hard to make connections between needs of our community members and the resources of those who have the desire to help. If you have specific needs for your household or personal circumstance, we will try to help directly or make a connection to available resources. If you would like to contribute time, money, or items, thank you in advance!
Community Action Center