So you want to port out of Spokane Housing Authority?
Vouchers holders can port to any state in the United States of American as well as Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Spokane Housing Authority does not pay relocating costs
When porting your voucher, you do not need to apply for another Housing Authority Waiting List.
- Contact your eligibility specialist to determine if you are eligible to port your voucher.
- To be eligible to port your voucher, you need to have resided within Whitman County for at least 1 year prior to being on the program.
- Residency can be verified by providing a lease or utility account information
- You will need to contact the Housing Authority that you wish to port to to find out Voucher Payment Standards and Occupancy standards.
Download the Port Out Checklist
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development gives a list of contact information for all Housing Authorities.
Nationwide Housing Authority Contact Information
So you want to port into Spokane Housing Authority – Whitman County?
- You need to contact your initial Housing Authority to have your paperwork sent to Whitman County.
- The HA Code for Whitman County is WA055 Spokane Housing Authority.
- Spokane Housing Authority – Whitman County is currently absorbing port in vouchers. Please note that not all counties under Spokane Housing Authority are absorbing vouchers.
- Your case worker can fax your paperwork to 509.334.9105 ATTN: Section 8.
- Your case worker can mail your paperwork to:
- 350 SE Fairmont Rd Pullman, WA 99163 ATTN: Section 8
- You will need to contact our office to set up an appointment to complete additional paperwork before we can issue you a new voucher.
- Please DO NOT sign a lease without talking to your Whitman County case worker first as Spokane Housing Authority may have different Occupancy Standards than your initial Housing Authority.
2019 Voucher Payment Standards
1 bedroom – $675
2 bedroom – $800
3 bedroom – $1090
4 bedroom – $1325
- Spokane Housing Authority Occupancy Standards are 2 people per bedroom subsidized.